Far Western Regional Health Directorate (FWRHD), Doti is the major technical and administrative unit of health in the region. FWRHD ensures proper delivery of preventive and curative health services through different health institutions in the region.
- To determine requirement of manpower for health institutions in the region.
- To ensure supply of drugs, equipment, instruments and other materials at different health institutions in the region.
- To ensure effective implementation of public health programs in the region.
- To manage the immediate solution of problems arising from natural disasters and epidemics in the region at different levels.
- To foster coordination with external development partners for effective delivery of resources and health services in the region.
- To systematically maintain data, statements and information regarding health services in the region, update and publish them as required.
- To identify gaps in health service delivery in the region and seek for solution.
- Supervision/Monitoring in all health institutions in the region.
Roles and Responsibilities of Regional Health Directorate
FWRHD was established in the year 2028 (BS) on the basis of the concept of decentralization policy. The office is located in Dipayal, Doti. Its existence continued even after the re-establishment of DoHS in 2051 BS. FWRHD is functioning under the Ministry of Health and Population and DoHS. It has direct strong functional relationship with DoHS, and with other health related organizations of the region.
Interim Constitution of Nepal - 2063 aims to ensure basic health as the fundamental right of people. Thus, health is the basic right of people by law. Primary health care services will be provided according to the proclamation of the Alma Ata Declaration. Thus, FWRHD has mainly the following objectives to serve people according to the spirit of the government and the people:
- To bring the preventive, curative and promotional health services up to the door steps of people.
- Monitoring and supervision of health services.
FWRHD working area
- All VDCs of the region
- Inaccessible area covered by NIP session in the region.
- Inaccessible area covered by PHC/ORC
- Supervision and monitoring of I/NGOs, Teaching hospitals, Clinics, Pvt. Hospitals and Nursing Home in the region.